Monastery of Santa Anna
The monastery of Santa Ana was founded in the mid-twelfth century by the canons of the Holy Sepulchre
The church of Santa Anna, which is located in a fenced and landscaped, behind Catalonia Square was originally a Greek cross plan with a rectangular apse.
The walls are thick and well cut stones with a thin and elongated windows. Around 1300 lengthened the ship, which is covered with pointed vault, while the transept and apse preserved the original barrel vault said. At this time also opened the Gothic portal located in the extreme south arm of the transept. The dome, begun in the fifteenth century and which remained unfinished, was rebuilt after the 1936 tile.
To the left of the goal is the chapel of All Saints, the thirteenth century, which today is dominated by a Mercy painter Pere Pruna. It was the famous chapel of Pardons, the fourteenth century, which contained an interesting sculpture of the Holy Burial work of the fifteenth century, and before whom earned on certain days the same indulgences that the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. Until the fire of 1936, the church kept part of an altarpiece of Bartholomew Bermejo.
To the west of the church is Gothic cloister. The lower gallery, pointed arches supported by columns quadrilobulades and the chapter house attached (today baptismal chapel) vaulted octagonal building were made by Matthew Prior Fernandez from 1450. In the sixteenth century was built in the upper gallery cloister, arch openings, which has been rebuilt recently.
- C. de Santa Anna, 29
L1 L3 CATALUNYA